Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mine by Katy Evans

Mine (Real, #2)
 
Grade-B
Hotness Level-Inferno
Kink Level-No Kink
Series-Real #2
Genre-Contemporary
Reviewed by Kay
336 pages
Mine. The title really does say it all. All the feelings that these two characters have for each other. You get the beautiful continuation of Brooke and Remy's love story that's never an easy road. It starts a little while after the first book, Real, ended, when Brooke comes back to Remy.

Remy is training for his rematch with the man who hurt the people he cares about. I love Remy exactly the way he his: dedicated, loving, so very alpha (complete with growling), sexy and flawed. I love Brooke for her capacity of love and her own imperfections.

"We're the object of each other's hurt and each other's solace."- Brooke

Finding a way to forgive each other and themselves for not being what they felt the other needed them to be was a big issue here. You know they love one another, that's evident throughout the whole story.

"You are going to love me until I die. I'm going to make you love me even if it hurts, and when it hurts, I'm going to make it better, Brooke."- Remy

"I want to live in you."-Remy

Remy is such a passionate creature. He feels everything as if it's magnified and given his condition, maybe it is.

"I've been through hell, and I'm back in heaven and suddenly I know that's the way my life will be. After the dark, I will always, always find my light- which is him."- Brooke

When I reviewed the first book in the series, I said it wasn't a conventional romance. I think that when a person is in love with someone who is bipolar there's no way their love can be conventional. The man in this book copes with his illness as best he can and the woman in this story, his woman, loves him because of his illness not just in spite of it. Katy Evans, what a wonderful love story you gave us!

No comments:

Post a Comment